News & Noticed: The Corporate World At Eye Level, www.corporateconnecticut.com

" . . . If You Waste That Miracle . . ."


Frank Cross: I get it, you're here to show me my past and I'm supposed to get all dully eyed and mushy. Well forget it pal, you got the wrong guy.

Ghost of Christmas Past: That's exactly what Attila the Hun said. But when he saw his mother, Niagara Falls."

........................

Ghost of Christmas Past: You left Claire for Frisbee the dog? Frank, let me sum this up for you: you don't know who you are, you don't know what you want, and you don't know what the hell is going on.

Frank: I've made a few mistakes. I gotta live with that. But I do know who I am, I know what I want, and I know what's going on.

.............................................

Frank Cross: Same old Claire, still trying to save the world.

Claire Phillips: You still trying to run it?

.............................................

Frank: "It's Christmas Eve . . . it's the one night of the year we all act a little nicer. We smile a little easier. We cheer a little more. For a couple hours out of the whole year . . . we are the people that we always hoped we would be. It's a miracle! It's really a sort of a miracle. Because it happens every Christmas Eve. And if you waste that miracle, you're gonna burn for it! I know what I'm talking about . . ."


- Stills and dialogue from the offbeat movie classic Scrooged, 1988.
Based on the book A Christmas Carol in Prose, Being a Ghost Story of Christmas (commonly known as A Christmas Carol) by Charles Dickens. The "ghost of a tale" was first published on December 19, 1843.

......................................

"God still wanders among myriads of human hearts, looking for a place to enter, for a place where he can share life and love. But often, he finds no room, for people are unaware that he is really present in the world.

"Christmas is an invitation to find God in the daily love that people show to us, in the small acts of kindness and love that they offer to us without pretension.

"If we become conscious of the wealth of simple, ordinary love in our lives, we become conscious of the gift of God."
- Focus Your Day by Kenneth Grabner
(This book available on Amazon.com)